CAF Studio Mentors use their professional experience in the fields of architecture and design to work with students participating in our family programs or teen studios. Mentors work collaboratively with CAF Teens (ages 13-18) in a studio atmosphere, guiding them through a design process, talking through design problems and encouraging design thinking.
CAF Teens are high school students from the Chicagoland area who are interested in design. These motivated students are eager to learn about a variety of career paths. Mentors are encouraged to share professional insights in addition to what inspired their career choice.
What is expected of a Mentor?
- Commit to serving a full academic year (August – June)
- Regular availability during evening and weekend hours; occasional weekdays in summer
- Open to collaboration and co-teaching with CAF staff
- Attend CAF orientation
- Attend training for teen studio mentors
- Maintain ongoing contact with CAF staff
Interested in becoming a CAF Studio Mentor? If you have any questions along the way, please contact us via email at email@example.com.