Rules for writing and formatting your essay:
- Essays must be submitted with the registration packet, due by Wednesday March 9th to your teacher.
- Your essay should fill one page and be single spaced.
- Your essay should be typewritten using Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Can only be printed on one side of the paper.
- Your name, school, grade level, and teacher should be written on the BACK of your essay.
- Your name should NOT appear anywhere on the front of the essay.
- No staples
- Do not print in color, or on colored paper
- If you use someone else’s words or writing, please include citations.
- NOTE: Parts of your essay may be reprinted in an architectural or academic publication.
Essays will be divided into two categories: freshman/sophomore and junior/senior. In each category, the top three essays will win ribbons and trophies and will be exhibited with student projects. The first-prize winners will read their essays at the awards ceremony in May.
The judges will be looking at the following things:
• Does your essay follow all of the rules?
• Did you proofread your essay to eliminate errors?
• Did you identify a problem and describe a create solution?
• Does your essay fill the entire page?