Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This multi-week program is designed to engage teens ages 15-18 in place-based research. Participants will dive into the rich history of Chicago's Bronzeville neighborhood, practice public speaking and interview techniques, and serve as onsite interpreters during CAC's annual Open House Chicago in October.
The 2019 summer program will include visits to historic buildings and culturally-important sites throughout Bronzeville. Ambassadors will interview community members about changes in the neighborhood over time, and will write, produce and edit their own audio stories focused on these interviews.
- Sunday, June 2 at 9am OR Thursday, June 6 at 6pm (information session) at CAC, 111 E. Wacker Dr.
- Wednesday, July 10—Friday, July 19 (summer sessions; class does not meet on the weekend)
- Wednesday, Aug. 7 at 2:30pm (Teen summer celebration)
- Saturday, Oct. 12 (Open House Chicago training)
- Saturday—Sunday, Oct. 19-20 (Open House Chicago weekend)
- Saturday, Oct. 26 (digital check-in, as needed)
- Saturday, December (teen programs showcase) date and time TBD