New dates just added! Get an introduction to architecture basics by exploring buildings, bridges and iconic structures along the Chicago River. This week-long camp for ages 7-10 will include walking tours, sketching exercises and model building.
The June dates of this camp are now sold out, but you can sign up to be alerted if more tickets become available. Spots are still available for the July dates of the camp—purchase tickets through the REGISTER link below.
The CAC's summer camps provide students with unique opportunities to explore the built environment and learn firsthand why design matters. All camps require teamwork, creative problem-solving and visual thinking. Campers will share and present their ideas throughout the program, all while developing self-confidence and communication skills. Under the guidance of professional designers and experienced educators, campers will take walking tours to view architecture, solve design challenges and build models using technology and art materials.
- This camp runs from 9am to 3:30pm each day. All dates are included in the ticket price: either Monday, June 24 through Friday, June 28; or Monday, July 15 through Friday, July 19. Each camp ends with a showcase for family and friends. More details available upon registration.
- Capacity for CAC summer camps is very limited and a spot is not guaranteed.
- All campers will go outside daily and should wear comfortable clothes appropriate for doing arts and crafts.
- Campers must bring their own snack, lunch and water bottle.
- The CAC member price applies to those at the Friends & Family membership and above.