Discover the history of Chicago and collaborate with your fellow campers to design and build an ideal neighborhood during this week-long urban planning camp for ages 11-14. Each camper receives a copy of the graphic novel "No Small Plans."
This camp is now full, but you can sign up to be added to the wait list and will be alerted if a spot becomes available.
The CAC's summer camps provide students with unique opportunities to explore the built environment and learn firsthand why design matters. All camps require teamwork, creative problem-solving and visual thinking. Campers will share and present their ideas throughout the program, all while developing self-confidence and communication skills. Under the guidance of professional designers and experienced educators, campers will take walking tours to view architecture, solve design challenges and build models using technology and art materials.
- This camp runs from 9am to 3:30pm each day. All dates are included in the ticket price: Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26. Each camp ends with a showcase for family and friends. More details available upon registration.
- Capacity for CAC summer camps is very limited and a spot is not guaranteed.
- All campers will go outside daily and should wear comfortable clothes appropriate for doing arts and crafts.
- Campers must bring their own snack, lunch and water bottle.
- The CAC member price applies to those at the Friends & Family membership and above.