Discover the history of Chicago and collaborate with your fellow campers to design and build an ideal neighborhood in this urban planning camp. Campers ages 11-14 will go on tours and receive a copy of the graphic novel No Small Plans.
CAC summer camps give students unique opportunities to explore the built environment and learn firsthand why design matters. All camps require teamwork, creative problem-solving and visual thinking. Under the guidance of professional designers and experienced educators, campers will share and present their ideas, build self-confidence and develop their communication skills. All camps include walking tours to view architecture, team design challenges and model making with technology and art materials.
- The Design Your Neighborhood camp is designed for ages 11-14 and runs Monday through Friday, July 20-24, from 9am-3:30pm each day.
- Capacity for CAC summer camps is very limited and a spot is not guaranteed.
- All campers will go outside daily and should wear comfortable clothes appropriate for doing arts and crafts.
- Campers must bring their own snack, lunch and water bottle.
- The CAC member price applies to those at the Friends & Family membership and above.
- For more information about our camp schedule, pick-up and drop-off, policies and required forms, see our Summer Camps Information page.