Thank you to everyone who made Engineering Fest 2018 a successful event! More than 1,200 families visited us Feb. 24-25, to learn about skyscrapers and talk with engineers. We are grateful to our sponsors for enabling CAF to offer this festival for free to all attendees. We look forward to seeing you next year at Engineer Fest 2019!
What did we do at Engineering Fest?
- Met an engineer: Design professionals shared how they design strong skyscrapers.
- Engineering Lab: We built model skyscrapers and tested their strength.
- Photo booth: Our skyscraper-themed photo booth was a hit!
- Design challenge: Using only paper and tape, participants tried to construct the tallest tower.
- Mini-tour: Guests took a short tour outside to learn how to "read" a building.
The beauty is in the details! We’ll visit Harold Washington Library to examine its details and decode…
What makes a building strong? Touch materials like steel and concrete, then design your own house to…
Join us from 12-3pm in our ArcelorMittal Design Studio to work with architects, designers and professional…