Come celebrate the 125th anniversary of the World’s Columbian Exposition at the CAC’s annual Engineering Fest! Learn about building materials, build a Ferris Wheel, talk with experts and take mini tours of the CAC. Kids of all ages welcome!
What can we do at Engineering Fest?
- Design the Midway — Work together to design and recreate the South Side's famous Midway Plaisance park.
- Build and test a Ferris Wheel — Mr. Ferris and his wheel became famous at the World’s Fair. Put your engineering skills to work and help make the wheel move!
- Meet an engineer — After building and testing structures, take your project to a licensed engineer for testing and feedback.
- Out the window sketching — Draw your favorite building and discuss the engineering marvels that allow it to stand.
- Anatomy of a skyscraper — We'll dissect the structure of Chicago’s first skyscraper and learn its secrets.
- Photo station — Say ‘cheese’ at our themed photobooth station!