This special one-day camp for students ages 7-10 is a fun way to spend a day off school! Take part in interactive, STEM-based activities that explore structural elements and the science behind buildings. The camp also includes a walking tour.
The CAC's camps provide students with unique opportunities to explore the built environment and learn firsthand why design matters. All camps require teamwork, creative problem-solving and visual thinking. Campers will share and present their ideas throughout the program, all while developing self-confidence and communication skills. Under the guidance of professional designers and experienced educators, campers will take walking tours to view architecture, solve design challenges and build models using technology and art materials.
- This camp runs from 9am to 3:30pm.
- Capacity for CAC camps is very limited and a spot is not guaranteed.
- All campers will go outside and should wear comfortable clothes appropriate for doing arts and crafts.
- Campers must bring their own snack, lunch and water bottle.
- The CAC member price applies to those at the Friends & Family membership and above.
Get an introduction to architecture basics by exploring buildings, bridges and iconic structures along…
Discover the history of Chicago and collaborate with your fellow campers to design and build an ideal…
In this week-long camp, you'll collaborate with other girls ages 11-14, develop leadership skills, meet…