Include the Chicago Architecture Center in your will, trust or as a beneficiary of your retirement plans and become a member of the Blueprint Society.
The story of every Chicago building begins with a blueprint. Some were hand-drafted by architects like Daniel Burnham or Louis Sullivan, others were created with the latest design software. The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) serves as the steward of those stories, proudly sharing Chicago’s legacy of architecture, infrastructure and design.
Members of the Blueprint Society have entrusted their legacy to the CAC. They’ve elected to make one of the following types of gifts that will last. Once received, legacy gifts are placed into special funds managed by the CAC’s Board of Trustees.
These generous legacy gifts can provide benefits to your loved ones, address your financial goals and share your philanthropic values with future generations. They also allow for the continued growth of the CAC’s programs, tours, operations and exhibitions.
Types of Blueprint Society gifts
Will or Living Trust
- Costs nothing during your lifetime
- Enables you to retain control of your assets during your lifetime
- Gift exempt from federal estate taxes
Gift exempt from federal estate taxes
- Continue to take withdrawals from your plan during your lifetime
- Make your charitable gifts from the most highly taxed assets and leave tax advantaged assets to your heirs
- Avoid double taxation (your heirs will avoid income tax)
- Gift exempt from federal estate and income taxes
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Make gifts to the CAC during your lifetime to enjoy seeing the impact of your generosity
- Ensure that your favorite charities will continue to be supported
- Make a large gift at little or no cost to you
- Gift exempt from federal estate tax
- Current income tax deduction for paid-up policy; future income tax deduction for premium payments on a new policy
Naming the CAC in your will or trust
If you have decided to include the CAC as a beneficiary in your will or trust, please refer to the following printable instructions for specific language and processes to use to ensure that your gift is used in the exact way you intend: Naming the CAC in your will or trust.
If you have question or require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.561.2118. We are happy to work with you and your adviser to help you find the right way to make the CAC a part of your legacy.
If you do include the CAC in your estate plans, please be sure to complete the Blueprint Society form with the intent of your future gift. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Blueprint Society.
The purpose of this information is to provide general information. It is not intended as legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice and should not be relied upon as such. For assistance with your particular information, please consult your attorney, tax adviser, financial adviser or other professional.