The Educator Advisory Committee is a collaborative group of Chicago area educators who use, evaluate and give feedback on the CAC’s school offerings, and act as a CAC ambassador in their schools and communities.
Apply for the committee
The Chicago Architecture Center is seeking applicants for a new opportunity to help shape students' and educators' experiences with the Center.
- Have formal teaching experience in K-12 grades; an emphasis in Chicago history, architecture, design, engineering or humanities is a plus.
- Attend four committee sessions each year at the CAC. Following application review, you will be contacted with information regarding upcoming meeting dates.
- Assist in community projects, such as:
- Aligning CAC workshops and student walking tours to learning standards
- Attend a CAC field trip and provide pre- and post-evaluations
- Serve as an ambassador for the CAC within school communities
By serving on the committee, each member will receive:
- A 1-year CAC individual membership
- Membership includes discounted parking, unlimited entry to the CAC, 85+ free walking tours, a store discount and more!
- One free CAC workshop or walking tour for your classroom
- A discounted field trip for other teachers at your school
- A voucher for one free bus to transport your students to a CAC school field trip
- Insider access to CAC exhibitions during panel meetings
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of the acceptance within a week of applying.
If you have any questions, contact Rebecca Boland, Manager of School and Family Programs, at email@example.com or (312) 561.2142.