Combining post-Chicago fire buildings with the legends of the Haymarket Riots, Chicago's West Loop will certainly make a lasting impression on you. The Chicago Park District has added green space to this growing community that retains deep roots to the Greek settlers who arrived in this part of Chicago during the wave of early immigration to the United States. Family run businesses continue here interspersed with new and rehabbed housing. Our tour ends in Greektown as we stop at some local pubs along the route.
To get to Haymarket Pub, walk one block south, four blocks west of the Clinton Green Line stop. The tour ends halfway between Jackson and Adams on Halsted near several Greek restaurants. Bus service is present north—south on Halsted (#8) back to near the Green Line and east—west on Van Buren (#126) back to near the Green, Red and Blue "L" train lines in the Loop.
- Advance reservations required.
- Your safety is our priority. The itinerary of this tour may be altered in accordance with health and safety policies and considerations.
- Participants of this tour must be 21 years of age or older.
- Participants will pay for their own drinks at each stop.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.
Discover the fascinating 150-year evolution of the Fulton-Randolph Market District from food wholesaling…
Determine for yourself why design matters as we view unexpected architecture in the Near North section…
Get a “taste” of Andersonville—a historically landmarked neighborhood settled by Swedish farmers…