Explore the new Old Post Office Building, whose early 20th-century design has been adaptively reused into a beautiful, modern Class A Office building.
It once looked as though the stunning architectural details of Chicago's Old Post Office would be lost to time while the building sat vacant for almost two decades. But the 2.5 million-square-foot building, originally completed in 1921 and expanded in 1932, recently went through a monumental renovation and now serves as a modern multi-use event and office space that meets today's need for large, light-filled work spaces.
See how historic artifacts and building details have been creatively incorporated into the Old Post Office's design and tenant suites. Old places can become new spaces when a developer with vision collaborates with an award-winning architectural team.
- Accessibility: The tour route requires slightly less than a mile of walking and requires use of an escalator or elevator.
- Advance reservations required. Tickets go off sale at 4pm the day prior.
- Your safety is our priority. The itinerary of this tour may be altered in accordance with health and safety policies and considerations.
- A valid Driver's License or State ID is required for entrance into the building.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.