Discover Uptown—a treasure trove of terra cotta ornament and creatively repurposed historic buildings; home to entertainment palaces like the Riviera, Green Mill and the Aragon Ballroom; and one of the most diverse neighborhoods on the North Side.
When commuter train lines were extended north to Wilson Avenue in 1900, Uptown exploded with development. This tour gives an overview of the neighborhood’s fascinating history, highlighting the evolution of its entertainment and arts district, recent revitalization projects and ongoing preservation efforts.
- Many tours sell out. To guarantee your space advance reservations are strongly recommended.
- Your safety is our priority. The itinerary of this tour may be altered in accordance with health and safety policies and considerations.
- Tour ends at the Uptown Post Office, 4850 N. Broadway.
- Paid street parking is limited. Public transportation is recommended.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.
Experience the Swedish influences of Andersonville a historically landmarked neighborhood settled in…
Open House Chicago is one of the largest architecture events of its kind in the world. The free festival…
Chicago’s unique architecture has co-starred in movies with Ferris Bueller, Batman and the Blues Brothers…