Discover Chicago’s newest neighborhood, Lakeshore East, featuring two notable buildings designed by the woman-led Studio Gang Architects: Aqua Tower and the St. Regis Chicago.
With its wavy, concrete balconies, Aqua Tower quickly became a Chicago icon when completed in 2009. Learn why its design has earned high praise from architects and critics around the world.
Now, another distinctive building nearby, also designed by Jeanne Gang and her firm, stands out in the city’s skyline: St. Regis Chicago. Completed in 2020, it is the third tallest skyscraper in the city, and the tallest in the world designed by a woman-led firm.
In addition to these high-rises, get a feel for the surrounding neighborhood, which includes two large developments: Illinois Center, a large Mid-Century Modern office complex; and Lakeshore East, an evolving contemporary "village" by the Chicago River and Lake Michigan that boasts a six-acre park unknown to most Chicagoans.
- Advance reservations required. Tickets go off sale at 4pm the day prior.
- Your safety is our priority. The itinerary of this tour may be altered in accordance with health and safety policies and considerations.
- Other than the lobby of the Radisson Blu Hotel, this tour features building exteriors only.
- The tour's ending point is in front of the St. Regis Chicago on upper Wacker Drive, 363 E. Wacker Dr.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.