In just one hour, discover Chicago’s newest neighborhood, Lakeshore East, with a walk around two notable buildings designed by woman-led Studio Gang Architects: Aqua Tower and the soon-to-be-completed Vista Tower.
With its wavy, concrete balconies, Aqua Tower quickly became a Chicago icon when completed in 2009. Learn why its design has earned high praise from architects and critics around the world.
Soon, another distinctive building just a couple blocks away by the same designer will stand out in the city’s skyline: Vista Tower. When completed in 2020, it will be the third tallest skyscraper in the city.
In addition to these high-rises, get a feel for the surrounding neighborhood, which includes two large developments: Illinois Center, a large Mid-Century Modern office complex; and Lakeshore East, an evolving "village" by the Chicago River and Lake Michigan that boasts a six-acre park unknown to most Chicagoans.
This tour includes a stop in the lobby of the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, which features interior designer Jim Hamilton’s homage to Chicago and its architecture.
- With the exception of the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel lobby tour, this is a tour of exteriors only.
- The tour's ending point is outside of the Vista showroom in the Coast, 345 E. Wacker.
- Although it's not required, we recommend making reservations in advance for this tour.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.
- This tour is available for private bookings. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Discover one of Chicago's boldest and most colorful buildings, the Media Production Center at Columbia…
#1 boat tour in Chicago according to TripAdvisor user reviews! Looking for the ultimate Chicago architecture…
This tour helps you discover the western portion of the Riverwalk, starting at the Vietnam Memorial near…
Discover the fascinating “city below the city” used by Chicagoans every day—the Pedway. From the…