#1 boat tour in Chicago according to TripAdvisor user reviews! Looking for the ultimate Chicago architecture experience? Buy a combo ticket for the river cruise AND a visit the Chicago Architecture Center—you'll save $7!
For more than 25 years, the CAC's expertly trained docent volunteers have led the river cruise, sharing fascinating stories behind more than 50 buildings along the Chicago River. Hear how Chicago grew from a small settlement into one of the world's largest cities in less than 100 years. In just 90 minutes, you'll get the best overview of Chicago’s architecture and its history.
*Continue your exploration with a visit to the CAC! Combo tickets include admission to the Center for just $5 (regular price $12). Admission is valid up to 7 days before or after your cruise.
Twilight River Cruise
The city's most popular tour is now offered at twilight. Serene and bathed in softer light, the city's architecture takes on a whole new life in the setting sun. Wind-down from the work-week by enjoying a cocktail with friends and family and experience Chicago's skyline on our luxury boats.
All 7:30pm departures; available May 17—Oct. 14.
- CAC Members please call 312.922.8687 or come to the CAC Box Office at 111 E. Wacker Dr. to redeem your 2-for-1 benefit.
- You can buy a CAC membership over the phone and redeem your 2-for-1 annual benefit at the time of your membership purchase.
- Each person must have a ticket, including infants and children.
- All tours depart rain or shine.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your cruise departure time. Allow extra time for traffic and parking in summer.
- Cruise guests board 15 minutes before departure time.
- GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING
- A full-service bar and snack bar are available onboard.
- Admission to the Chicago Architecture Center is included in the $49.48 and $54.21 (plus tax) ticket prices. Your visit must occur within 7 days before or after your tour. View the CAC's hours.
- Tickets may not be refunded or exchanged if you miss your boat. Allow extra time.
- Find more information, including available parking, in our FAQs
Interested in a tour for a group of 10 or more?
Please contact our group sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Private rentals are available for groups of 80 or more.
Directions to Chicago’s First Lady boat dock
See a map here or enter 112 E. Wacker Drive into your GPS.
Located at the northeast corner of Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive, a blue awning marks the boat dock entrance stairs that lead down to the river. If you have limited mobility, see these directions for an alternative way to reach the dock.
About our Boat Partner
We’re proud to partner with Chicago’s First Lady Cruises, operator of Chicago’s finest fleet of cruising vessels. Its boats hold up to 250 passengers and feature open-air upper decks, full-service bars, climate-controlled lower cabins and upscale marble and granite restrooms. Being onboard is sure to be an experience you'll never forget.