This select group of Chicago Public High School students will be geeking out about the built environment—Architecture, Construction, Engineering and Design—right alongside CAF.
CAF TEEN Fellows Mission Statement
“The Chicago Architecture Foundation Teen Fellows explore the past, experience the present and design the future. As a dedicated community of hands-on learners, Fellows question and identify how the built environment applies to their lives.”
Who are we looking for?
CPS sophomores who…
- ...think anything that’s built—from skyscrapers to bridges to parks—is both fascinating and cool.
- ...are open-minded and ready to explore.
- ...can manage their time and commit to the entire program.
two-year Program Commitments
- January 2017 – May 2017: We'll meet every Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- April 2017, CPS Spring Break: We'll have an immersion experience that may include travel.
- July 2017 – Mid-August 2017: All Fellows will participate in a summer immersion experience, during which we'll work with architects, planners and designers on real-world problems.
- September 2017 – December 2017: We’ll meet every Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- February 2018 – May 2018: We'll meet every other Saturday from 1—5pm.
- April 2018, CPS Spring Break: Immersion experience with a national trip.
- July 2018 – August 2018: Paid internship at an architecture/design firm.
- September 2018 – December 2018: We'll meet every Saturday from 1—5pm.
- Fellows are expected to attend every scheduled session, missing no more than three throughout the year.
- As representatives of Chicago Architecture Foundation, Fellows are expected to act accordingly, in our design studio and during site visits.
- Respect for others and their opinions will be crucial to a healthy team dynamic, and will allow every participant to learn and explore in a safe and civil environment.
As of November 18, 2016, applications to the program are closed. If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.