Bold imagery and vibrant color come to life along a 14,000-square-foot stretch of the CTA Red Line in Rogers Park. Explore the 14 completed paintings that make up the neighborhood's Mile of Murals on this guided tour.
Launched in 2007, Rogers Park's Miles of Murals is an ongoing series promoting and celebrating the artistic identity that is central to the neighborhood's rich culture. Discover the history of Rogers Park, which predates the founding of the City of Chicago, and learn about how it grew to become one of the city's most diverse communities today. This tour honors the artists who have contributed to the Mile of Murals project, and discusses the social and community concerns explored in the 14 works spanning concrete embankments, viaducts and overpasses along Glenwood Avenue.
- Street parking around this tour is very limited. Please consider taking public transit (Red Line L at Morse; #155 Devon bus at Morse and Glenwood; #147 Outer DuSable Lake Shore Express bus at Sheridan and Morse, 2 blocks east of Morse L station).
- This is a premier-level tour and tickets are free for Donor-Level Members. Members will need to sign in during the checkout process to receive their discounted rate.
- Many tours sell out. To guarantee your space advance reservations are strongly recommended.
- Your safety is our priority. The itinerary of this tour may be altered in accordance with health and safety policies and considerations.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.